Friday 12 June 2015

Only for Him (Only #1) by Cristin Harber


Grayson Ford and Emma Kinglsey—close since they were kids, opposites in every way. He’s the stuff high school crushes are made of, Mister Popular, and captain of every team. She’s artsy, cute, and not in his league, though fully aware of Summerland’s "I Dream of Dating Grayson Ford" support group.

I can’t say no. The girl’s had my heart since before I knew it went missing.

He hides a life of hell. His father hates him, his mother’s gone. Emma is his only savior, yet she doesn’t know her power over him. She’s the only girl he wants, the only one he could ever tell—though he won’t.

I’m stronger, bigger, more of a man than he’ll ever be, but because I ruined his life, I’ve taken his crap, his attacks, the vulgar nature of his existence.

Until she discovers Gray’s embarrassment, his humiliation. Emma fights for him, for a chance. Theirs is a Cinderella story that she believes impossible. But as the layers peel back, it’s just a guy who needs a girl in order to keep breathing.

My mind is already doodling Mrs. Grayson Ford in imaginary notebooks. He has no clue where my head is at… But, given that I didn’t see what just happened coming, maybe I have no clue where his head is at either.
______

* ONLY FOR HIM is the first book in the Only series, all of which will release in Spring 2015.

Review
I received a copy from the publisher (via netgalley) in exchange for a honest review.
This is a novella so not much detail I can really go into. Its based on Emma and Grayson who have been best friends forever. Both are secretly in love with the other but neither have made any move to take their friendship any further then that yet. I loved the interaction between them and even though it was a novella I could still interact and connect with the characters which I usually cant do with short stories.
Was a good quick read, emotional in places too, and I will be reading the next in the series too although in my own opinion I don't really like books that are really short and end on a cliff-hanger but I surprisingly enjoyed this one even with the massive cliff-hanger ending.

Buy links

No comments:

Post a Comment