Wednesday 1 July 2015

Rebel Ink (Wicked Ink Chronicles #3) by Laura Wright

BLURB
Vincent

Hot chicks and cool ink have been my life, my everything, for the past five years. But with one phone call that bliss is totally shot to shit. Don’t want to hear it. Don’t want to deal with it. But oh yeah, it’s coming for me. The motherfucking past. And who’s along for the ride? You’re never gonna believe it. That’s right, another blast from my past. The one and only rejection. Blondie. Hey…maybe it’s not all bad. Maybe I can finally get her - legs up and back to the mattress, that is.

Lisa

Yes, I’m getting married. And yes, it’s to ‘Buttons.’ I’m not embarrassed and I don’t think it’s a failure. Unfortunately, my bestie doesn’t agree. In fact, she thinks she has to rescue me. But ladies and gents, I’m beyond help. I’m cooked. I just want to fade into the Santa Barbara’s overly polished woodwork. If only a gorgeous tatted, foul-mouthed problem from my past would stop showing up and showing off what I’m never going to allow myself to have.

Length: 30,000 words
Note: This is a New Adult book

REVIEW

ARC kindly provided from author in exchange for a honest review.
3* review.
I received a arc from the publisher (via netgalley) in exchange for a honest review.
Rebel Ink is the third novella in the Wicked Ink Chronicles series by Laura. This ones based around Vincent and Lisa. Vincent is a tattoo artist and works for Rush who you met in First Ink. Lisa is Addies best friend who you also met in First Ink. Although it is part of a series it can be read as a standalone in my opinion. I hadn't read the first two before I read this one, I read them after and I managed fine without having read them first. 
Reason it was only a 3* for me was I found it really hard to connect with the main lead Vincent. I just didn't like him at first or throughout really he was just not for me, too full of himself and a real pig, though I did warm up to him a bit when I found out his secret but not enough to give more the a 3* review. The first chapter also confused me because it was from someone's point of view who isn't really a big part of the book. I liked Lisa and I did think her and Vincent were suited quite well so that was a plus for me. Only thing was, and this may be a spoiler for some so stop now if you don't want to know, but they didn't get together till right near the end of the book so you hardly got to see any of them as a couple. Like I say it was a ok read and I did enjoy reading the first two books after as well and will read more from this author it just wasn't worth more then 3*s for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment